Savory Taste of Sannamul (Wild Edible Greens)
Effect of Sannamul and How to eat well
A medical explanation isn’t needed when we talk about the health benefits of Sannamul. Natural Gomchwi (Ligularia fischeri) is a scarce wild vegetable, even in Gangwon-do. It has ten times more vitamin A than Chinese cabbage. Chamchwi (Aster scaber) is an alkali-food that contains a lot of potassium. Slightly boil Chamchwi and season it with bean paste. Dureup (Edible shoots of fatsia), with its faint sweet scent, is good to overcome fatigue. If possible, eat raw Sannamul, but still you can slightly boil it and fry it with sesame oil.
- Yanggu Gomchwi Festival (April)
- Pyeongchang Sannamul Festival (June)
- Gangneung Gaedureup Festival (April)
Types of Chwinamul : There are many kinds of Chwinamul.
- 1. Chamchwi : eat raw young leaves or slightly boil it to eat with seasoning. The scent is very good.
- 2. Gomchwi : The Slightly bitter taste and scent is attractive. Odaesan is most famous.
- 3. Raw miyeokchwi : It has a strong bitter taste but once it is boiled it is plain and tasty.
- Pyeongchang : Odaesan Restaurant +82-33-332-6888 | Seonbi-chon +82-33-332-2525
Boorim Restaurant +82-33-335-7576
- Inje : Hankuk-gwan +82-33-461-2139
- Yangyang : Tongnamu Restaurant +82-33-671-3523