Deodeok, Confronting Ginseng
Effect of Deodeok
Deodeok is a perennial plant. The stem is 2m long and winds around other plants. Leaves are long oval type and 4 leaves are placed together. It grows deep in the mountains and in dry soil throughout the country, but mostly it grows in Hoengseong. From old times, it has been cold white Ginseng since it has an excellent medicinal effect. Saponin and inurin protect the spleen and stomach, lung, and kidney. It also has excellent healthiness, comfort, fever remedy, neutralizing poison effect.
How to trim Deodeok and How to grill Deodeok
- How to trim Deodeok
- 1. Shake off soil and wash it, then peel off the bark by rolling it.
- 2. If you cook as it is, it tastes bitter. Put it in salt water to lessen the bitterness.
- 3. Cut it in 2~3 parts and chop it.
- 4. Cover it with dishtowel and pound it slowly. Smoothly open it and cook.
- How to grill Deodeok
- 1. Mix soy sauce and sesame oil and season Deodeok.
- 2. Grill Deodeok for the first time with a gridiron. Be careful not to burn it.
- 3. Season grilled Deodeok with Korean hot pepper paste.
- 4. Spread oil on the gridiron and slightly grill Deodeok.
- 3. Take off the dough little by little to make round and flat flakes.
- 4. Put the potato flakes into anchovy soup and boil it until the flakes are floating. For better taste add vegetables.